Friday, July 31, 2009

How can I consolidate my debt without paying fees?

My husband and I just got married in September. We both have some debt and both have fair or poor credit. We do not own a home, we rent.


What we want to do is consolidate our debt into one loan and just make one payment on it every month. How can we do this but not have to pay fees and with our "not so perfect" credit?

How can I consolidate my debt without paying fees?
It usually isn't a good idea to "borrow" to get out of debt. Try to find a way to manage your spending and see if you can make extra payments to your debts.





You can make an appointment with Consumer Credit Counselors, they can be helpful, (but they only told me I should get a part time job because I needed more income to meet my expenses)





You can also go to Oprah's web site and look for The Debt Diet. (this was a godsend to me) There are tips %26amp; worksheets and sort of like lessons on money, debt, etc.





Good luck.

azalea tree

No comments:

Post a Comment