Saturday, July 25, 2009

How do I file my tax refund if my husband owes on a back debt to the IRS?

HI! My husband's tax refund for the next 2 years will go right back to the IRS for a debt he occurred to them before we were married (we got married 1 year ago). Since I am due a tax refund this year, is there any way of filing where I will actually get the refund due to me %26amp; it won't go toward his debt? I realize when married his debt is mine %26amp; vice versa. I just wanted to know if there was any way.

How do I file my tax refund if my husband owes on a back debt to the IRS?
I believe you might qualify for innocent spouse relief from the I.R.S.,but I'm not an expert by any means. Check this link out and hire a pro maybe? Good luck!





http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p971.pdf
Reply:Nope, sorry. You married a guy who owes the IRS.


No comments:

Post a Comment