Monday, August 3, 2009

How can I consolidate or eliminate my debt?

I have about 4,000 in credit card debt (a combined total from store credit cards). I haven't been able to make any payments in a few months and I have people calling my house all hours of the day and night. I have bad credit now so I can't get any loans. What is the best way I can consolidate these cards with my bad debt?

How can I consolidate or eliminate my debt?
Read Dave Ramsey's "Total Money Makeover" and start snowballing on your debt.
Reply:Try this. You probably won't be able to get a new credit card, so you will need to approach one of the banks whose card you already have. They will consolidate the cards. Then, have your salary paid directly into your credit card account. Yep, the whole lot. Then use your credit card for your everyday expenses. Rent, food, fuel etc. Withdraw a minimal amount cash for incidentals, and leave it at home. Don't take your credit card out with you. Don't be embarrassed to tell your friends of your predicament, as they could be in a similar situation. If you stick to this, your debt will reduce remarkably quickly. Be sure to destroy all other credit cards. Good luck, you have taken the first step.


No comments:

Post a Comment