Monday, August 3, 2009

What is the best approach when trying to negotiate credit card debt?

I have about $18000 in credit card debt. I always make my payments on time and i am in good standing with the companies. Although I am finding it hard to reduce the balance, I really just keep up with the interest. I am going to be coming into a lump sum of money, enough to pay it off, however i would like to negotiate it down. What is the best way to go about doing this. I live in ontario.

What is the best approach when trying to negotiate credit card debt?
You are better off to pay it off completely. It looks better on your credit report that you paid the debt in full. If you want to settle the accounts it will weaken your credit, but the benefit would be that you will keep thousands in your pocket.


http://www.creditwish.com/debtrelief.htm...


No comments:

Post a Comment