Monday, August 3, 2009

Will a debt with a statal university get me in trouble with immigration?

Hi, I have a debt with a statal university, which I had to pay until april of this year, but obviously I didnt. I dont live and Im not from the US, and I never had troubles with immigration. Im going to the US for a week tomorrow, so my question is, having this debt unpaid, should I have troubles with immigration, getting in or out?





The debt is for like a thousand dollars, so its not that big.





Thanks!

Will a debt with a statal university get me in trouble with immigration?
Probably not. Immegration isn't in charge of snagging people in debt and sending them back home. If it's only a grand, pay it off. You're spending AT LEAST that much to come be in the US for a week. Be sure you have your priorities straight. Not paying back a debt you owe is theft, and it WILL effect your likelyhood to be able to make a large purchase, and jobs often look at credit before they hire.


No comments:

Post a Comment