Monday, August 3, 2009

What is the average debt of a student upon graduation?

I've spent two years in a community college setting paying all my expenses out of pocket. I am looking to move on to a state university where I will finish up my bachelors and my masters... what should I expect as far as debt after I'm finished?

What is the average debt of a student upon graduation?
I'm a sophomore (Junior once the semester's over) and I have $20,000 worth of debt. From what I hear that is pretty normal. I'd say between $20-40,000 is the norm. ( I get that number from myself and people I know personally). Some may be more, some less. As for myself I've gotten the short end of the stick ... My mother makes too much money for me to be considered for any "free" government aid, but there is still no money to pay for my schooling. I have family members who are capable of helping me (I am the only grandchild on one side, only niece and etc.), but they choose not to. So yeah ... I'm going to be in debt for the rest of my life. Don't you just love the way the education system in this country works? Good luck pursuing the remainder of your degree (and paying for it!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment