Monday, August 3, 2009

What do I do to get a debt deletion from my credit report?

I've sent a letter to the creditor asking for a deletion in exchange for a 80% settlement. I have not received any responses or reply and its been at least 30 days. How do I request validation of a debt or do I resubmit a letter to the original creditor. This debt is four years old, I don't even though where its from. It is a utility company.

What do I do to get a debt deletion from my credit report?
They haven't responded because they don't want to spend the time/energy in doing want you want...The debt collector just wants your money and couldn't care less about your credit.





Send the debt collector a letter via certified mail + return receipt with the following statement:


--------------------------------


I am willing to settle this issue in exchange for your agreeing to remove this item from my credit file upon receipt of $ x from me. This account will be considered settled in full upon receipt of this amount. Upon a receipt from your company confirming agreement to these terms on your company’s letterhead with an authorized signature from a manager, I will mail you a USPS money order for this amount.


-----------------------------------





This is called a Pay for Delete agreement. If they refuse to give you this written agreement first, there's no point in paying them. Never accept verbal promises...get the terms in writing first.

floral shops

No comments:

Post a Comment