Monday, April 20, 2009

How can I find out what state a Sprint "debt" originated from?

I%26#039;ve been dealing with a debt collection agency trying to make me pay for a phone line I never had. I%26#039;ve gone through all kinds of calls, and for some reason, Sprint does have my personal info, and says I did create a home phone account. I have never owned a home phone in my life though. I had them send me copies of the bills, and there were never any calls made on this line, etc. But I%26#039;m getting away from my original question.





I am trying to find out what state the debt originated in. This is because the statute of limitation on debt determines the validity of the debt. Different states have different SOL%26#039;s so I need to find out what state Sprint debts originate in.





I%26#039;ve looked all over the internet, but cannot find any answers. HELP!





Thanks all!

How can I find out what state a Sprint %26quot;debt%26quot; originated from?
Forget about Sprint you need to Utility Commission .


Public Utilities Commission 1-877-742-5622 or www.puco.ohio.gov. Or what ever state you live in put it first.


You can file a complaint on line as well.
Reply:I think Sprint%26#039;s Headquarters is in Shawnee Mission Kansas. It seems some of your answer may be predicated on where you lived at the time you originated the account. Reading your information, it might be the State in which they say you lived.

lilac

No comments:

Post a Comment