Saturday, April 18, 2009

How do I find out which debt collection agency is holding my old debt?

I had a rough time a few years ago, and stopped paying my credit cards and cell phone to be able to keep paying the rent and then i lost my job, it was all sent to debt collectors. I%26#039;m ready to get this taken care of so I can rebuild my credit somehow, but I don%26#039;t know which companies hold the debts. How do I find out? I haven%26#039;t heard from any of them in almost a year.

How do I find out which debt collection agency is holding my old debt?






well don%26#039;t worry there are many online sites which provide sound debt advice and more hassle free way to find help with your debt problems. In fact, making the process of finding sound debt advice as simple as possible.thanks.



Reply:


The best way to do this is to get your annual free credit reports and find out who is reporting the bad debts.





Do NOT pay for any service that offers you credit reports - you get them free once per year from the Bureaus directly. A lot of places scam you into buying monitoring services and offer you credit reports, don%26#039;t fall for it. Visit the websites below and get your free reports.





Equifax: 1-800-525-6285


Experian (formerly TRW): 1-888-397-3742


Trans Union: 1-800-680-7289








No comments:

Post a Comment