Monday, April 20, 2009

How will negotiating a settlement for debt owed affect my credit?

I am very deep in debt, mostly on one credit card. Should I hire an attorney to negotiate a settlement for me with the bank? If so, how will this affect my credit score?

How will negotiating a settlement for debt owed affect my credit?
If you negotiate, you need to make sure the bank puts it in writing that they will not report it to any credit agency. If you can afford to hire an attorney, you can afford to keep making payments. Call the credit card company and tell them what is going on or better yet, contact your free credit counseling bureau.
Reply:If you are having trouble with one credit card and need to negotiate, then you will have this on your report. If you need an attorney, then you probably need to file bk.





And your score will drop.





Basically, call the company and face the facts that your credit score will drop, of course why do you care if you can%26#039;t afford more credit?

azalea tree

No comments:

Post a Comment