Monday, April 20, 2009

How do you calculate your debt to credit ratio?

Or is it credit to debt ratio? Either way, I am a college student with 1k of bad marks on my credit report from years ago. I want to get a secured credit card for the amount that would look good to lenders like %26quot;this person pays on time and has a valuable credit history w/some lenders%26quot; (ie my dell account is on there which is good and the secured card would add to it).





Am I making sense? How can I do this? I%26#039;d rather not pay off the measley 1k, it should be removed within a few years anyway.

How do you calculate your debt to credit ratio?
Credit to debt ratio is the amount of available credit divided by balances owed an easy way to improve that to a faster score is to get balances down to below 60% less is even better. You can pay down accounts to that level or in many cases have the card service raise your limit even if you don%26#039;t use the card.


No comments:

Post a Comment